Is my Predator Connect W6 able to automatically select the best/least congested channel?
The Automatic Channel Selection (ACS) feature helps the Predator Connect W6 router automatically select the least congested channel each time the system boots up and ensures the best channel is always selected. The threshold frequency and load parameters help to minimize excessive channel change. To setup automatic channel selection, use the instructions below.
How to setup Automatic Channel Selection on your Predator Connect W6
- Connect a LAN cable to any of the LAN ports of the Predator Connect W6 (or connect via Wi-Fi).
- Open an internet browser on your computer and type one of the following into the search bar of your browser:
- Enter your admin password.
When you login for the first time, you need to use the default admin password that can be found in a sticker on the bottom of the device.
- Click on Log in.
- Navigate to the WiFi tab.
- Click on the ACS tab.
- Click on the Apply button.
ACS shows the current 2.4 GHz, 5 GHz and 6 GHz channels. If the channel does not change it means the current channel is OK.
Note: ACS is disabled when none of the WiFi channels are set to auto.