If your Chromebook is lost, you can still track it by finding the most recent IP address. The IP address shows the physical location of a device connecting to the internet, so you can see its most recent location or the current location if it is still online.
This method also allows you to manage Google devices and track their IP address, not just your Chromebook. Read below to learn how to use Find my Chromebook.
- Sign into your Google account from another device.
- Select Security from the left panel, and scroll down to Your devices.
- Select Manage devices and select your lost Chromebook from the list.
- Locate Recent Activity to see the most recent location your Chromebook used Google to access an IP address.
- If you cannot locate your Chromebook, select Sign out to protect your account.