The Chromebook owner can perform many functions, including managing user accounts, Wi-Fi networks, time zones, guest browsing, and more. To ensure your security, it is recommended to change the owner before selling or giving away the device. This helps safeguard your personal information from the new user, so it is essential to familiarize yourself with the steps to change the Chromebook owner.
Changing the owner on a Chromebook is a simple process that can only be done with a factory reset using Powerwash.
When the new owner creates or signs in with their Google account, they will be designated as the new owner. Read below to learn how to remove owner account from Chromebook.
Disclaimer: Perform this action at your own risk, and make sure to back up your computer first.
How to remove the owner from a Chromebook
- Log in to your Chromebook.
- Click on the Time in the lower right corner.
- Click on Settings ⚙ and select Advanced.
- Under the Reset Settings section, locate Powerwash and select Reset to erase the hard drive and remove your account from the Chromebook.
- Follow the prompts to restart your computer.