Some notebooks can be configured so the discrete GPU is the only device used for all graphic application. This feature is also referred to as a MUX (Multiplexer) switch.
A MUX switch allows you to manually enable or disable the integrated GPU. Many Predator notebooks made in 2022 have added this chip to modify the connection between the discrete GPU, the integrated GPU and the display. With the included MUX switch technology, you can disable the integrated graphics to increase performance in games at the expense of reduced battery run time.
MUX switch support is only currently provided on the following notebooks:
- PT314-52S with RTX3060 / 3070 / 3070Ti GPUs
This feature can be enabled via the PredatorSense application or via the BIOS/CMOS setup interface.
Note: The USB Type C port will not support video over Display Port when the feature is enabled.
How to enable Discrete GPU only in PredatorSense
- Open the PredatorSense application and click on the settings icon in the upper right corner.
- Select the Discrete GPU only option and move the slider to the right to enable.
- Close PredatorSense application and restart your computer for the changes to take effect.
How to optimize GPU setting in the CMOS Setup
- Power your computer completely off by holding the power key down for 5 seconds.
- Power your computer on and press the F2 key as soon as the Acer logo appears to enter the CMOS setup.
- Use the arrow keys to select the Advanced tab.
- If the field Display mode is not visible, then press the keys Ctrl + S to access hidden features.
- Use the arrow keys to confirm the display mode is set to NVIDIA GPU Only.
- Select the Exit tab.
- Select Exit Saving Changes.