Some notebooks can be configured so the discrete GPU is the only device used for all graphic application. This feature is also referred to as a mux (Multiplexer) switch and it must be configured for gaming and non-gaming modes.
The Predator notebooks listed below support Dynamic Display Switching (DDS) technology that automatically determines when the performance of the discrete NVIDIA GPU is needed. These models also include MUX switch hardware, but switch between the discrete and integrated GPUs automatically, without the need for any configuration changes.
Dynamic Display Switching is only currently provided on the following notebooks.
- PH315-55 with RTX3060 / 3070 / 3070Ti GPUs
- PH317-56 with RTX3060 / 3070 / 3070Ti GPUs
- PT516-52S with RTX 3070 / 3070Ti / 3080Ti GPUs
- PT316-51S with RTX3060 / 3070 / 3070Ti GPUs
Note: DDS is not externally supported when using a USB Type C port to Display Port adapter. DDS is not supported on models with OLED internal display.
How to optimize GPU setting in the CMOS Setup
- Power your computer completely off by holding the power key down for 5 seconds.
- Power your computer on and press the F2 key as soon as the Acer logo appears to enter the CMOS setup.
- Use the arrow keys to select the Advanced tab.
- If the field Display mode is not visible, then press the keys Ctrl + S to access hidden features.
- Use the arrow keys to confirm the display mode is set to Auto Select. This is the correct setting to support DDS functionality. There is no setting for discrete GPU only.
- Select the Exit tab.
- Select Exit Saving Changes.
Note: GPU settings cannot be controlled via PredatorSense software.