We received customer feedback that turning on 'Fidelity Mode' may cause certain games start flickering. This began in April 2022 when Sony announced that the PlayStation 5 will be supporting VRR (Variable Refresh Rate). This is related to characteristics of IPS panels and 4K 120Hz models in general run into this issue. You can see a specific list of affected models below.
We are working with Sony on this issue and hope that in the future there will be a PS5 firmware update that can solve this problem. Until then, we recommend that players set ‘Graphic Mode’ default settings to ‘Performance Mode’.
Note: Please check for firmware updates for VRR support on our support website.
How to adjust your settings to Performance Mode:
- PlayStation 5 OSD > Screen and Video > Video Output > Set VRR to Auto
- Visual Setting > Graphic Mode > Set default to Fidelity
- If your display flickers, please adjust setting to Performance Mode, wait a few minutes, and restart the monitor.
- X32 FP
- XB323QK NV
- XV322QK KV
- XV322QK LV
- XB283K KV
- XV282K KV
- XV282K LV
Games known to be affected:
- Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales
- Marvel's Spider-Man Remastered
- Ratchet & Clank