What can I do if my Chromebook does not start/boot?
When your Chromebook does not start/boot, you can use the steps below to get your Chromebook to start/boot again.
- Make sure that all external devices are disconnected.
- Connect the power adapter to your Chromebook and charge the Chromebook for 30 minutes.
- Power on the Chromebook by pressing the Power button . If the Chromebook still does not boot, proceed with the next step.
- Leave the Chromebook connected to the power adapter and press the Power button for 8 seconds to make sure that the Chromebook is completely powered off.
- Press and hold the Refresh button ⟳, and briefly press the Power button .
- When the Chromebook starts, release the buttons.