Zipped files are one or more files on a computer that have been compressed into a single file in a space-efficient manner to reduce their total file size. Zipping a file will significantly reduce the size of all the items in the file, making the file lighter and easier to transfer.
This article will teach you how to zip and unzip a file in windows 10 and 11.
How to zip a file
How to zip a file in Windows 10:
- Right-click the file you want to zip
- Select Send to > Compressed (zipped) folder.
How to zip a file in Windows 11:
- Right-click the file you want to zip.
- Select Compress to zip file.
How to unzip a file
How to unzip a file in Windows 10 and 11:
- Right-click the file you want to unzip.
- Select Extract all.
- Select a file destination and click Extract.
To extract individual items in a zipped folder follow the steps below:
- Double click the file you want to unzip.
- Select the desired item and drag or copy the item from the zipped folder to a new location.