A security vulnerability has been identified that requires users to update their Acer Care Center software to the latest version.
Reference Number: CVE-2022-24285
Acer Care Center versions V4.00.3000 through V4.00.3038
Update your Acer Care Center software to V4.00.3042 or newer to resolve this security vulnerability.
How to update the Acer Care Center software on my Acer Computer
There are two ways to update your Acer Care Center application:
- Auto Live Update
- Manual Update
Method 1: Auto Live Update of the Acer Care Center
Acer Care Center should automatically upgrade to the latest version available. You should verify that the latest version of the Acer Care Center is installed using the instructions below.
How to check the Acer Care Center version number on your Acer computer
- Click on ⊞ (Windows icon) and select ⚙ (Settings icon).
- Click on Apps.
- Select Acer Care Center to launch the Acer Care Center software.
- Click on 🛈 (Information icon) to view your Acer Care Center version number.
Method 2: Manual Update of the Acer Care Center
- Go to the Drivers and Manuals page on the Acer website.
- Enter your serial number or SNID and click in the FIND button or press Enter.
- Click on Application to unfold the available downloads.
- Then click on the Download button next to the Acer Care Center application.
- Locate and unzip the file you downloaded.
- Run the Setup.exe file to install the software.