How can I keep Windows 11 from automatically updating drivers?
Microsoft has announced Window 11 will be released to the public this October. The Windows 10 instructions below are being provided as reference only until the final user interface of Windows 11 is revealed.
Windows 11 automatically installs operating system and driver updates by default. This can sometimes cause hardware to stop working properly. You can disable automatic driver updates in Windows 10 using the instructions below:
- Hold down the Windows key and press the letter X.
- Click System in the menu that appears.
- Click Advanced system settings.
- Click the Hardware tab.
- Click Device Installation Settings.
- Click "No, let me choose what to do."
- Click "Never install driver software from Windows Update."
- Click Save Changes.
Win11, Win 11, Windows11, Next, downloads, manuals, files