This article only applies to AN515-55, AN517-52, AN515-45, AN515-56, AN517-41, PH315-53 and PT314-51S
You can upgrade the BIOS and Video BIOS on some Nitro and Predator models to improve graphic performance. Use the steps below to apply the updates.
Note: This update will only install on AN515-55, AN517-52, AN517-53, AN515-45, AN515-56, AN517-41, PH315-53 and PT314-51S models.
1) Connect the AC Adapter and power on your computer.
2) Download and install the latest Video BIOS from the Acer Support site. The performance update will be named "Update Nvidia discrete VGA VBIOS and improve performance".
3) Unzip the file and run the file Scala_CAS_Kamiq_CAS_VBIOS_v102a.bat.
4) Click Yes to allow the file to install.
5) You should see a message confirming “Update successful.” Press any key to exit the installer.
If your BIOS update is not successful, you will see one of the following failure messages:
[Fail] This tool does NOT support this project.
[Fail] The VBIOS update file does NOT support your graphic card.
[Fail] This VBIOS version has been installed.