Some Nitro 5 models include a storage bay that allows for installation of a secondary 2.5" hard drive or solid state drive. Use the steps below to install a secondary drive in your system.
Note: Acer recommends wearing an anti-static grounding strap when adding hardware to your system.
1) Remove the AC adapter and make sure your system is completely powered off.
2) Remove the eleven (11) screws securing the lower case to the upper case.
3) Begin removing the lower case as shown in the image below. You may need to use a plastic pry tool designed to work on electronics to get started.
4) Work your way around the system to release all of the plastic clips that hold the lower case in place, then lift up the lower case to remove it.
5) Disconnect the battery.
6) Install the hard drive carrier onto the hard drive and secure it in place with the 4 screws.
7) Connect the hard drive cable to the hard drive.
8) Align and install the hard drive module into its slot on the upper case.
9) Secure the hard drive module to the upper case with the four (4) screw. (Screw torque force = 1.8~2.2kgf.cm)
10) Connect the hard drive cable to the mainboard connector and close the latch.
11) Re-connect the battery to the mainboard to restore power to the system.
12) Align the lower case on the upper case and press down firmly around the edges to secure the latches. You may hear a light clicking sound when they snap into place.
13) Secure the lower case with the eleven (11) screws you removed in step 2. (Screw torque force = 2.55~3.0kgf.cm)