What recommendations does Acer have for taking care of my computer?
Turning your computer on and off:
- To turn on the computer, simply press and release the power button. Please refer to user guide for the location of the power button.
- If you are unable to power off the computer normally, press and hold the power button for more than four seconds to shut down the computer.
Taking care of your computer:
Your computer will serve you well if you take care of it.
- Do not expose the computer to direct sunlight. Do not place it near sources of heat, such as a radiator.
- Do not subject the computer to magnetic fields.
- Do not expose the computer to rain or moisture.
- Do not spill water or any liquid on the computer.
- Do not drop, bump, scratches, twist, hit, shake push, or place heavy objects on your computer, display, or external devices.
- Do not subject the computer to heavy shock or vibration.
- Do not expose the computer to dust or dirt.
- Never place objects on top of the computer.
- Do not slam the computer display when you close it.
- Never place the computer on uneven surfaces.
- Where possible, keep all objects at least 15 cm away from the computer to avoid causing computer damage.
General usage guidelines:
- Do not use this product near water.
- Do not place this product on an unstable cart, stand or table. If the product falls, it could be seriously damaged.
- Slots and openings are provided for ventilation to ensure reliable operation of the product and to protect it from overheating. These openings must not be blocked or covered. The openings should never be blocked by placing the product on a bed, sofa, rug or other similar surface. This product should never be placed near or over a radiator or heat register, or in a built-in installation unless proper ventilation is provided.
- Never push objects of any kind into this product through cabinet slots as they may touch dangerous voltage points or short-out parts that could result in a fire or electric shock. Never spill liquid of any kind onto or into the product.
- To avoid damage of internal components and to prevent battery leakage, do not place the product on a vibrating surface.
- Never use it under sporting, exercising, or any vibrating environment which will probably cause a short-circuit or damage rotor devices, HDD, optical drive, and even exposure risk from the lithium battery pack.
- The bottom surface, areas around ventilation openings and AC adapter may get hot. To avoid injury, ensure they do not come in contact with your skin or body.
- Your device and its enhancements may contain small parts. Keep them out of the reach of small children.
- The surface temperature of the base will rise during normal operation, particularly when plugged in to AC power. Allowing sustained contact with exposed skin can cause discomfort or burns.
Pack your computer carefully:
- Use a quality carrying case that provides adequate cushioning and protection.
- Do not pack your computer in a tightly packed suitcase or bag.
- Before putting your computer in a carrying case, make sure that it is off or in sleep mode. Do not put a computer in a carrying case while it is turned on.