This article only applies to: Predator PH315-53 models.
The Predator PH315-53 includes a storage bay that allows for installation of a secondary 2.5" (7mm) hard drive. Use the steps below to install a secondary drive in your system.
Note: Acer recommends use of an anti-static wrist strap when adding hardware to your system.
- Remove the AC adapter and make sure your system is completely powered off.
- Remove the eleven (11) screws securing the lower case to the upper case.
- Begin removing the lower case as shown in the image below. You may need to use a plastic pry tool designed to work on electronics to get started.
- Work your way around the system to release all of the plastic clips that hold the lower case in place, then lift up on the lower case to remove it.
- Remove the mylar tape and disconnect the battery. Save the tape to secure the battery cable again when you reconnect it.
- Install the hard drive carrier onto the hard drive and attach the 4 screws to secure it in place.
- Connect the hard drive cable to the hard drive.
- Align and install the hard drive module into its slot on the upper case and secure it with four (4) screws.
- Connect the hard drive cable to the mainboard connector and secure the latch.
- Connect the battery to the mainboard and secure the battery cable with mylar tape.
- Align the lower case and press firmly around the sides to snap it into place.
- Install the eleven (11) screws to secure the lower case.