How can I fix the error message "Warning! Your chassis has been opened. Press F1 to continue."
A chassis intrusion message may be displayed on startup if the case to your Veriton M4640 or M6640 is opened. You can press F1 to continue to bootup the system, however, the message will show each time you restart the system. You can disable the Chassis Opened Warning message in the Security tab in your system BIOS to clear this message. If you do not have this option in the BIOS, you can download a patch from our support site to add this option. Use the steps below to download and install the patch.
- Visit the Drivers and Manuals section of the Acer support website.
- Enter your Serial Number/SNID or search for your product by Model.
- Select the Patch tab and download the Fix Chassis Intrusion Disable Tool.
- Unzip the downloaded file and use the table below to run the proper file for your system configuration. Once the system has been updated the chassis intrusion option should be avaliable in the security tab in the BIOS.
- If your system does not have a card reader and system fan: Enable chassis intrusion item_SKU19.
- If your system does not have a card reader but has a system fan : Enable chassis intrusion item with system fan_SKU20.
- If your system does not have a system fan but has a card reader : Enable chassis intrusion item with card reader_SKU27.
- If your system has both a system fan and card reader : Enable chassis intrusion item with system fan and card reader_SKU28.
Note: You must click on Run as administrator to install the patch file.