This article only applies to: TMP215-52 models.
Some TravelMate P215-52 models include a storage bay that allows for installation of a secondary 2.5" hard drive. Use the steps below to install a secondary drive in your system.
Note: Acer recommends use of an anti-static wrist strap when adding hardware to your system.
- Remove the AC adapter and make sure your system is completely powered off.
- Remove the twelve screws securing the lower case.
- Start at the hinge and carefully pry up the lower case to release the plastic clips. You may need to use a plastic pry tool designed to work on electronics to get started.
- Work your way around the system to release all of the plastic clips, then lift up on the lower case to remove it.
- Disconnect the battery from the mainboard.
- Install the hard drive carrier onto the hard drive, then attach the 4 screws to secure it in place.
- Connect the hard drive cable to the hard drive.
- Align and install the hard drive module into the empty slot and secure it with four screws.
- Connect the hard drive cable to the mainboard.
- Connect the battery to the mainboard.
- Install the lower case and push firmly around the edges to secure the lower case, then reinstall the 12 screws to secure it.