This article only applies to: Predator PH317-53.
Predator PH317-53 models include a storage bay that allows for installation of a secondary hard drive or solid state drive. Use the steps below to install a secondary drive in your system.
Note: Acer recommends use of an anti-static wrist strap when adding hardware to your system.
- Remove the AC adapter and make sure your system is completely powered off.
- Remove the twelve screws securing the lower case to the upper case.
- Remove the lower case starting at the number 1 as shown in the image below. You may need to use a plastic pry tool to get started.
- Install the mounting bracket and attach the hard drive cable to your drive.
Note: Make sure the arrow and Acer logo symbols on the rubber mounting bracket are going over and facing the top of the drive.
- Align and install the hard drive module into its slot and make sure the rubber guides align with the cut out chassis notches.
- Connect the hard drive cable to the mainboard connector and secure the latch.
- Install the lower case and install the screws securing the lower case.