How do I create a shortcut on my desktop for applications or files?
You can create a shortcut for a program, file, or other objects in Windows.
- Right-click an open area on the desktop, point to New, and then click Shortcut.
- Click Browse to navigate to the file.
- Locate the program or file to which you want to create a shortcut, click the program or file, click OK, and then click Next.
- Type a name for the shortcut and then click on the Finish button.
- Drag your new shortcut to the desired location.
For additional information on creating shortcuts, see Microsoft's article How to Create a Shortcut on the Desktop.