This article only applies to: Nitro N50-600 models.
The Nitro N50-600 includes a storage bay that allows for installation of a 3.5’’ and 2.5’’ Hard Drive. Use the steps below to install a secondary drive in your system.
Note: Acer recommends use of an anti-static wrist strap when adding hardware to your system.
- Power the system off and disconnect the power cord from the system.
- Remove two screws that secure the side-panel.
- Slide the side-panel in the direction shown in the image below, then remove it from the computer.
- Remove four screws securing the metal hard drive bracket then remove it from the system.
- Use four screws to install the hard drive you want to add as shown in the image below. The 3.5" drive is shown on the left and the 2.5" drive is shown on the right.
- Use four screws to reinstall the metal hard drive bracket.
- Connect the Hard Drive SATA cable and power cable to the drive you installed.
- Reinstall the left side cover and secure it with two screws.