This article only applies to: Aspire A514-52
Some Aspire 5 models include a storage bay that allows for installation of a secondary 2.5" hard drive or solid state drive. Use the steps below to install a secondary drive in your system.
Note: Acer recommends use of an anti-static wrist strap when adding hardware to your system.
- Remove the AC adapter and make sure your system is completely powered off.
- Use screwdriver to remove 10 screws from the lower case. The lower case uses two different size screws. Screws 1-7 are longer screws, and screws 8-10 are shorter screws as shown in the image below.
- Use a plastic pry tool to remove the lower case.
- Attach the Hard Drive cable to the Hard Drive.
- Attach the hard drive bracket with the black screws included in the hard drive installation kit.
- Disconnect the Input/Output cable connector from the mainboard and move the cable out of the way to install the Hard Drive.
- Install the Hard Drive into the system and secure it with the silver screws included in the hard drive kit.
- Connect the IO cable connector (red) and the Hard Drive cable (yellow) to the Mainboard.
- Install the lower case and secure it with the 10 screws you removed in step 2. Make sure the longer screws go in the screw holes labeled in red in the image below.