This article only applies to: ConceptD CN315-71 and CN315-71P models.
ConceptD CN315-71 models include a storage bay that allows for installation of a secondary hard drive or solid state drive. Use the steps below to install a secondary drive in your system.
Note: Acer recommends use of an anti-static wrist strap when adding hardware to your system.
- Remove the AC adapter and make sure your system is completely powered off.
- Remove the eleven screws securing the lower case to the upper case.
- Pry the left edge side first to release the latches and then continue releasing the remaining latches and remove the lower case.
- Attach the hard drive mounting bracket and cable to the drive you are installing as shown in the image below.
- Align by the guide pins and then install the hard drive module into its slot on the upper case.
- Attach the four screws to secure the Hard Drive module to the upper case.
- Connect the hard drive cable to the mainboard and secure the latch.
- Reinstall the lower case and install the screws to secure it.