This article only applies to: ConceptD CN515-71 and CN515-71P models.
ConceptD CN515-71 models include a storage bay that allows for installation of a secondary hard drive or solid state drive. Use the steps below to install a secondary drive in your system.
Note: Acer recommends use of an anti-static wrist strap when adding hardware to your system.
- Remove the AC adapter and make sure your system is completely powered off.
- Remove the eleven screws securing the lower case to the upper case.
- Pry the right edge side first to release the latches.
- Continue releasing the remaining latches. Then remove the lower case.
- Connect the hard drive bracket and cable as shown in the image below. The hard drive cable will be in the hard drive kit included in your product packaging.
- Align and install the hard drive module into its slot on the upper case.
- Attach the four screws to secure the Hard Drive module to the upper case.
Note: Screw torque force = 1.8~2.2kgf.cm.
- Connect the Hard Drive Cable to the mainboard connector and secure the latch.
- Assemble and Install back the lower case.