Acer Quick Access requires an update to resolve a security vulnerability
A security vulnerability has been identified that requires users to update their Acer Quick Access software to the latest version.
Reference Number: CVE-2019-18670
ACER Quick Access version 2.01 to 2.01.3027
ACER Quick Access version 3.00 to 3.00.3008
The following Acer Quick Access version contains a resolution to this vulnerability:
Method 1: Auto Live Update
Acer Quick Access should automatically upgrade to the latest version available. Users should verify the latest version of Acer Quick Access is installed using the instructions below. If you do not have the latest version, use the instructions in the Method 2: Manual Update section below to update your software.
Check Quick Access version:
- Click Windows () key then right-click on Quick Access. Select More then App Settings.
- Your version number will be listed in the App specifications.
Method 2: Manual Update
- Visit the Acer Drivers and Manuals page.
- Enter your serial number or SNID and press Enter.
- Click Application, then click the Download link next to the Quick Access Application.
- Locate and unzip the file you downloaded.
- Run the Setup.exe file to install the software.
Acer would like to thank Peleg Hadar of SafeBreach Labs for reporting this vulnerability.
THE ABOVE INFORMATION IS PROVIDED "AS IS" IN CONNECTION WITH ACER PRODUCTS AND THOSE OF OUR SUPPLIERS. YOUR USE OF THE INFORMATION OR MATERIALS LINKED FROM THIS PAGE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. ACER RESERVES THE RIGHT TO CHANGE OR UPDATE THIS PAGE AT ANY TIME.