This article only applies to: Preadtor PH717-71 models.
The Predator PH717-71 includes a storage bay that allows for installation of a 2.5" hard drive or solid state drive (7mm only). Use the steps below to install a secondary drive in your system.
Note: Acer recommends use of an anti-static wrist strap when adding hardware to your system.
- Remove the AC adapter and make sure your system is completely powered off.
- Remove two (2) screws from the Hard Drive door and lift up to remove it.
- Disconnect the battery cable (B) from the mainboard connector (C).
- Remove the battery pack from the system.
- Remove the two screws from the Hard Drive cover (F) and lift up on the cover to remove it.
- Attach the hard drive cable and install the hard drive carrier onto the hard drive using 4 screws.
- Install the hard drive module and connect it to the mainboard. Make sure to route the cable through the guides as shown below.
- Reinstall the hard drive cover and secure it with two (2) screws.
- Reinstall the battery and connect it to the mainboard.
- Reinstall the hard drive door and secure it with (2) screws.