This article only applies to: Predator PH315-51 models.
The Predator PH315-51 includes a storage bay that allows for installation of a secondary 2.5" SATA 7mm hard drive. Use the steps below to install a secondary drive in your system.
Note: Acer recommends use of an anti-static wrist strap when adding hardware to your system.
- Remove the AC adapter and make sure your system is completely powered off.
- Remove the screw securing the hard drive door to the lower case. Starting from the cut corner, lift to remove the hard drive door.
- Remove the four (4) screws securing the hard drive carrier to the lower case.
- Lift to remove the hard drive carrier out from the slot.
- Detach the adhesive tape securing the hard drive cable to the lower case.
- Attach the four (4) screws to secure the hard drive carrier to the hard drive and install the hard drive carrier onto the hard drive. Make sure the hard drive and hard drive carrier screw holes are properly aligned.
- Connect the Hard drive cable to the hard drive.
- Align and install the hard drive module into its slot on the lower case.
- Attach the four (4) screws to secure the hard drive module to the lower case.
- Reinstall the hard drive access door.
- Install the screw to secure the door.