This article only applies to: Predator PH315-52 models.
The Predator PH315-52 includes a storage bay that allows for installation of a secondary 2.5" (7mm) hard drive. Use the steps below to install a secondary drive in your system.
Note: Acer recommends use of an anti-static wrist strap when adding hardware to your system.
- Remove the AC adapter and make sure your system is completely powered off.
- Remove the ten (10) screws securing the lower case to the upper case.
- Start at the rear vents and pry apart to release the clips securing the lower case. Work your way around the product to release all of the clips, then remove the lower case.
- Install the Hard Drive cable and mounting bracket as shown on the image below. These parts were included in the package with your Helios 300.
- Align and install the hard drive module into its slot and make sure the rubber guides align with the notches in the chassis. The hard drive bay is located to the left of the battery as shown in the image in step 6.
- Lift up on the hard drive connector latch, then insert the hard drive cable and press down on the latch to secure it.
- Reinstall the lower case and press down around the edges to snap it in place, then reinstall the ten (10) lower case screws.