This article only applies to: Nitro AN515-54 models
The Nitro AN515-54 includes a storage bay that allows for installation of a secondary 2.5" hard drive. Use the steps below to install a secondary drive in your system.
Note: Acer recommends use of an anti-static wrist strap when adding hardware to your system.
- Remove the AC adapter and press and hold the Power button for 5 seconds to completely shut down your computer.
- Remove the eleven (11) screws securing the lower case to the upper case.
- Begin removing the lower case as shown in the image below. You may need to use a plastic pry tool designed to work on electronics to get started.
- Work your way around the system to release all of the plastic clips that hold the lower case in place, then lift up on the lower case to remove it.
- Disconnect the battery from the mainboard.
- Install the hard drive carrier onto the hard drive and attach the 4 screws to secure it in place.
- Connect the hard drive cable to the hard drive.
- Align and install the hard drive module into the empty slot next to the battery.
- Attach the (4) screws to secure the hard drive module.
- Lift up on the hard drive connector latch to open it, then connect the hard drive cable to the mainboard connector and push the latch down to secure it.
- Reconnect the battery to the mainboard.
- Reinstall the lower case and press down to make sure all of the plastic clips are secure.
- Reinstall the 11 screws to secure the lower case.