What is the best way to store my Acer products when school is not in session?
Acer recommends properly storing your products if they will not be used for an extended period of time. This will help prolong the life of the batteries in your systems. Use the best practices below to prepare your Acer products for extended storage.
Prepare your products for extended storage:
- Make sure you have the most current OS and BIOS updates.
- Charge your product so that the battery is at least 80% full.
- Always disconnect the AC adapter to remove power from the system before storage.
- Power the system off completely by holding the power key down for at least 5 seconds. You should be able to hear the system completely shut off if you listen carefully.
- Store units in a secure location where they will not be accidentally knocked over.
- Avoid stacking products on top of each other if at all possible.
- Store your computers in a cool, dry place. The recommended temperature range is between 10° C (50° F) to 30° C (86° F). Higher temperatures cause the battery to self-discharge faster.
Get your products ready for school:
You may want to start preparing systems several weeks before school starts.
- Connect each computer to the charger and power on the systems.
- Connect to the internet and download and install the latest Windows updates. This may take some time since the systems may need to install multiple updates.