Is there a way to make the keyboard backlight stay on for longer than 30 seconds?
Many Acer products have a power saving feature that automatically turns off the keyboard backlight after 30 seconds of inactivity. Acer has released a BIOS update that allows users to disable this timeout feature in the BIOS. Use the steps below to download and install the BIOS update and disable the backlight timeout feature.
- Visit the Drivers and Manuals section of the Acer support website.
- Enter your Serial Number/SNID or search for your product by Model.
- Select BIOS/Firmware.
- Download and install the latest BIOS for your model.
- After the BIOS is installed, restart your system and immediately press F2 to enter the BIOS.
- Use the right arrow key to highlight the Main tab.
- Use the down arrow to highlight Keyboard Lighting Timeout: and change the setting to Disabled.
- Press F10 to save the change and boot into Windows.