This article only applies to: A717-72G, AN515-52, AN515-53, PH315-51, PH315-52, PH317-52 and PH517-51 models
A firmware update has been released to improve SSD stability on some Acer models. You can check the firmware of your SSD drive to see if your system would benefit from this update. Use the steps below to check the firmware and download the update.
Check SSD Firmware:
- Type Device Manager in the Windows search box, and select Device Manager from the search results.
- Double-click on Disk Drives.
- Right-click on the SSD drive and select Properties.
- Select the Details tab.
- In the drop down list labeled Property, choose Hardware Ids.
- If your firmware matches the screenshot below, proceed to the steps below to download and install the updated firmware. If you have a different firmware version, your system does not require this update.
- Visit the Drivers and Manuals section of the Acer support website.
- Enter your Serial Number/SNID or search for your product by Model.
- Select Driver.
- Click the Download link for the file you want to download (Intel 760P SSD Firmware update).
- Extract and install the firmware.
- Restart your computer once the firmware installation is complete. Your firmware should now be updated as shown in the screen below.