What can I do to fix slow wi-fi issues?
When the signal strength is low, your wireless connection may become slow and unreliable. You can try the suggestions below to see if they help improve your wireless signal.
- Check to make sure your wireless router is installed in an optimal location. The ideal router location is generally elevated and in the center of your house to allow for maximum coverage.
- Reduce the distance between your device and the router. You also want to have a minimal amount of physical objects such as walls or ceilings in between.
- Make sure you are using a modern router and your router firmware is updated if there are updates available.
- Change the channel on your router to reduce interference. You should be able to find instructions for changing the wireless channel in the documentation for your wireless router.
- Upgrade the antennas on your wireless router to ones that have a higher dBi rating. You can purchase antennas online and in some retail stores where computer hardware is sold.
- Setup a wireless range extender for your home network.