This article only applies to: Predator Helios 500 models.
The Predator Helios 500 has one storage bay that allows for installation of a 2.5" SATA 7mm hard drive. Use the steps below to install or replace a hard drive in your system.
Note: Acer recommends use of an anti-static wrist strap when adding or replacing hardware.
- Remove the AC adapter and make sure your system is completely powered off.
- Remove the screws securing the access panel and remove it by lifting at the cut corner.
- Disconnect the battery and lift up on the corner to remove the battery as shown in the image below.
- Remove the two screws that secure the hard drive access cover, then lift up on the cover to remove it. If a hard drive is already installed, disconnect it from the mainboard and remove it from the computer.
- Install the hard drive in the mounting bracket as shown in the image below, then connect the SATA cable. If you are replacing the hard drive, you will need to remove the bracket and cable from the old drive.
- Align and install the hard drive module into its slot on the lower case. The drive should be positioned below the plastic tabs indicated by arrows. Route the cable through the guides and connect it to the mainboard.
- Reinstall the hard drive access cover and secure it with the two screws you removed in step 4.
- Reinstall the battery as shown in the image below. The top edge of the battery must go in first and should be positioned below the plastic tabs indicated by the red arrow. Once the battery is installed, you can reconnect it to the mainboard.
- Reinstall the access panel and secure it with the two screws you removed in step 2.