What can I do if my Acer desktop will not power on?
Your Acer product may fail to turn on for any of the reasons listed below.
- A static electricity build up
- A failed AC adapter
- Failed power supply
- A hardware problem with the product that requires repair
Power issues can sometimes be resolved with troubleshooting. Other power issues are the result of hardware failure and require repair. Try the troubleshooting suggestions below to see if they resolve your power issues.
- Check to make sure your power cord is fully inserted into the computer and wall outlet.
- Try a different wall outlet or verify the outlet you are connected to is receiving power by connecting another device
- Remove power from the desktop, and press and hold the power button for 30 seconds. Plug power back in to the desktop and see if the computer will power on.
On All-in-One computers with internal battery:
- Remove power from the desktop.
- Look for a battery reset pinhole near the power port for the desktop.
- Plug power back in to the desktop.
- Press the power button to turn on the desktop.
If you are still experiencing a problem, please contact Acer support for further assistance.