How do I install and activate Office Home & Student with my Microsoft® Product Identifier card?
Some of our Windows 8 products come with a Microsoft ® Product Identifier (MPI) card in the original retail box. The MPI card is used to activate a full version of Microsoft Office Home & Student.
Use the following steps to activate and install Office Home & Student using the MPI card:
- Locate the MPI card found in the original retail packaging.
- Press the Windows key + C, or swipe in from the right edge of the screen to open your Charms, then select Search.
- Type Microsoft Office in the search.
- Click Microsoft Office to launch the application.
- Select Activate.
- Enter your product key as found on the MPI card.
- Click Continue to start installation of Office Home & Student. While Office installs you can continue to use your device.
If you are unable to access your Microsoft Office or if the application has been removed, you can download the software at http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/products/get-office-oem-download-page-FX103849951.aspx. You will be required to sign in using your Microsoft Account, and will need to provide the product key on your MPI card before downloading the software.
Note: If your system did not include an MPI card, a 60 day trial version of Office is loaded instead. You can launch the trial and purchase a key from Microsoft if you want the full version.