This article only applies to: Aspire A717-71G models.
The Aspire A717-71G includes a storage bay that allows for installation of a secondary 2.5" hard drive or solid state drive.
Use the steps below to install a secondary drive in your system.
Note: Acer recommends use of an anti-static wrist strap when adding hardware to your system.
- Remove the AC adapter and make sure your system is completely powered off.
- Remove the screw securing the hard drive door to the lower case, and remove the door by lifting at the cut corner.
- Install the new hard drive in the hard drive module using the four screws included in the packaging.
- Connect the hard drive cable to the new hard drive.
- Align and install the hard drive side closest to the air vents first, then press down on the module side that is closest to the speakers.
- Attach the four screws to secure the hard drive module to the lower case.
- Align the hard drive door latches in the slots on the lower case and press the hard drive door firmly until it is fully seated.
- Secure the hard drive door with the screw you removed in step one.