Acer e5-575G how to enable disk controller in bios insydeH20 v1,47

sabri_04
sabri_04 Member Posts: 4 New User
edited April 2021 in Aspire Laptops
Hello, I have an Acer e5-575G, I installed on it an nvme SSD, while installing windows on this disk I got an error message: you should enable disk controller.
How can I activate this option in the bios insydeh20 v1. 47, there's no advanced tab shown 

Thread was edited to add model name to the title

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,889 Trailblazer
    edited April 2021
    sabri_04 said:
    Hello, I have an Acer e5-575G, I installed on it an nvme SSD, while installing windows on this disk I got an error message: you should enable disk controller.
    How can I activate this option in the bios insydeh20 v1. 47, there's no advanced tab shown 
    The BIOS v1.47 is the latest for all E5-575G's and there is no settings in the BIOS for the M.2 drive except for basic settings that don't apply to you. i don't know which E5-575G you have, as there are many models but, I can give you a typical Acer specs on the E5-575G-54VR which applies to most and most do NOT take NVMe type M.2 SSD drives! As they takes M.2 2280 / SATA-3 at 6GB/s B&M keyed type M/2's which could be your problem, with this drive and all SSD drives you also need to enable the internal Win-10 TRIM command to make these drives perform to their peak and to their speediest performance and you don't need any disk controller.

I think that why you are getting this notification …"I got an error message: you should enable disk controller"...is because your NVMe is not compatible with your Acer E5-575G model, replace it and get the Acer recommended M.2 drive which is the M.2 2280 / SATA-3 at 6GB/s B&M keyed type M/2. See below for all the specs that you need for a compatible M.2 drive for your Acer E5-575G and swap your NVMe M.2 drive for the M.2 2280 / SATA-3 if you can replace it?

These are the M.2 SSD specs that the Acer E5-575G takes:

Which is this M.2 B&M end key 
  • sabri_04
    hello, my acer model is E5-575G-53MQ , i replace the old ssd with an adata xpg sx8100 disk and the problem persist , i can't install windows on this disk . it says that i must enable the disk controller first 
  • Have you checked if the ssd appears in the information tab of the bios?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • sabri_04
    edited April 2021
    @edceldelavega
    in acer care center i got this : 

in boot tab : 

• OK! the ssd is showing up in the bios. Now, the same problem occurs when changing the boot mode to uefi and when disabling secure boot? Have you tried to install the chipset driver .inf file by clicking UPLOAD DRIVER on the tab where the partitions appear during Windows installation?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • sabri_04
    @StevenGen
    using trim i recieved this message : 

@egydiocoelho
    i did try all of that and no bootable device is shown
  • StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,889 Trailblazer
    edited April 2021
    sabri_04 said:
    @StevenGen
    using trim i recieved this message : 

@egydiocoelho
    i did try all of that and no bootable device is shown
    Use this command to enable TRIMfsutil behavior set DisableDeleteNotify 1 ….and let us know what it shows in cmd prompt, this is what it should look like when TRIM is enabled and working:

Or go here and read this..."Enable Disk Controller in Windows 10and see if your 'regedit and bios settings are the same? Also, have you updated the ADATA XPG SX8100 firmware: update_VB421D57 file? As that could be an issue. If all doesn't work then, try to use another PCIe 2280 M.2 SSD from another manufacturer and see if that works? If not, do a clean install of Win-10 with a USB drive and see if that fixes all these problems

• B2Y691
    B2Y691 Member Posts: 1 New User
    same case with me. how to fix it?