Anyone knows the pinout of my board? Veriton ES2740G.

silentstorm31
silentstorm31 Member Posts: 10 New User

Anyone knows the pinout (wires layout of the connector) for the 6-pin ATX power connector as per label 7? This is a Veriton ES2740G.

Thread was edited to add model name to the title

Answers

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,018 Trailblazer
    Hello,
    Here is the pinout:

France
  • silentstorm31
    Hello,
    Here is the pinout:

Hi,

May I know why pin 4 on my connector is not connected? As in there are only 5 wires connected, pin 1, 2, 3, 5 and 6.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,436 Trailblazer
    They are just doing a piggyback on one of the other ground for the return side of the power switch. Saves them some small potion of a penny in the production costs to leave that wire out...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • silentstorm31
    Actually I am modding a 24 pin connector to make it work with my board, so do I just leave the empty pin as it is? 
  • silentstorm31
    billsey said:
    They are just doing a piggyback on one of the other ground for the return side of the power switch. Saves them some small potion of a penny in the production costs to leave that wire out...
    Actually I am modding a 24 pin connector to make it work with my board, so do I just leave the empty pin as it is? 
  • billsey
    I'd go ahead and connect the third ground wire, you aren't trying for the cheapest option, but rather making it work right. :) Check your PSU specs to make sure there is enough 12V to handle your needs, they typically portion out a fair number of watts for 5V and 3.3V... You are only concerned with output on the 12V side.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • silentstorm31
    billsey said:
    I'd go ahead and connect the third ground wire, you aren't trying for the cheapest option, but rather making it work right. :) Check your PSU specs to make sure there is enough 12V to handle your needs, they typically portion out a fair number of watts for 5V and 3.3V... You are only concerned with output on the 12V side.
    So do I just connect any one of the available ground wire from the 24 pin to the empty pin?
  • billsey
    No, the ground side is connected to one side of the power switch, the other side of the switch is connected to power on signal. When you press the power button it takes the power on signal to ground, which tells the motherboard to turn on the power supply.
  • silentstorm31
    billsey said:
    No, the ground side is connected to one side of the power switch, the other side of the switch is connected to power on signal. When you press the power button it takes the power on signal to ground, which tells the motherboard to turn on the power supply.
    Then what did you mean by "I'd go ahead and connected the third ground wire" ? As in for the mod I can connect two 12V, two ground and one power on wire and it should work right?
  • billsey
    No, the other side of the power switch needs to be connected in order for the switch to do anything. It doesn't matter which ground it's connected to, only that it is connected to a ground. I'd go ahead and connect it to the ground on the PS_ON/GND pair.
  • silentstorm31
    billsey said:
    No, the other side of the power switch needs to be connected in order for the switch to do anything. It doesn't matter which ground it's connected to, only that it is connected to a ground. I'd go ahead and connect it to the ground on the PS_ON/GND pair.
    Then how does the stock psu work if the last pin is empty? So when I mod it do I just connect the 5 wires and leave the last one empty? I'm confused.
  • billsey
    They tie the other side of the power switch to a different ground wire instead of populating that pin on the connector.