BOOT MODE :UEFI / LEGACY not showing up Aspire 5 A515-54-51DI

jeron
jeron Member Posts: 21 Networker
edited March 2021 in Aspire Laptops
Hi newbie here I have acer Aspire 5 A515-54-51DI .BIOS Version InsydeH20 Setup Utility Rev. 5.0 I want to update my windows to windows 10 but whenever I access BIOS on the "Boot" part there is no Boot mode choices like legacy and UEFI. Can you guys help me?

Thread was edited to add model name to the title

Best Answer

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,687 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    jeron said:
    Hi newbie here I have acer Aspire 5 A515-54-51DI .BIOS Version InsydeH20 Setup Utility Rev. 5.0 I want to update my windows to windows 10 but whenever I access BIOS on the "Boot" part there is no Boot mode choices like legacy and UEFI. Can you guys help me?
    First, which BIOS version are you running? The last BIOS is the Version: 1.21 dated: 2020/07/28 update BIOS to the latest with the executable file "ZAW_121.exe" but be very careful and turn off your anti virus, anti malware and don't run any programs and make sure that your laptop is plugged into the mains and there is no power interruptions while the BIOS is updating as "Upgrading your system BIOS incorrectly could harm your Acer product. Please proceed with caution" and after that it should fix your problems, you must be running an old BIOS.

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,687 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    jeron said:
    First, which BIOS version are you running? The last BIOS is the Version: 1.21 dated: 2020/07/28 update BIOS to the latest with the executable file "ZAW_121.exe" but be very careful and turn off your anti virus, anti malware and don't run any programs and make sure that your laptop is plugged into the mains and there is no power interruptions while the BIOS is updating as "Upgrading your system BIOS incorrectly could harm your Acer product. Please proceed with caution" and after that it should fix your problems, you must be running an old BIOS.

• jeron
    jeron Member Posts: 21 Networker
    Thank you Steven will work on this