I have an acer switch 5 - SW512-52, could someone tell me how do I change the battery?

atenarenansw51252
atenarenansw51252 Member Posts: 3 New User
I have an acer switch 5 - SW512-52, could someone tell me how do I change the battery?

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,663 Trailblazer
    IIRC there are two screws, one on each side, under the kickstand arms that need to be removed before you can start prying the tablet apart. Once the display and back case are separated then it's fairly obvious how to replace the battery.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,888 Trailblazer

Have a look at this Acer Community post Acer Switch 5 or 3 disassembly? as it will give you a guide also of how to disassemble. 

• atenarenansw51252
    atenarenansw51252 Member Posts: 3 New User
    THANK YOU GUYS! WHICH IS THE CORRECT BATTERY MODEL FOR ACER SW512-52-55YD FOR REPLACEMENT?
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,663 Trailblazer
    Acer says: Battery SONY AP16B Polymer 2S1P SONY 2 Cell 4870mAh Main COMMON with BIS logo, part number: KT.00204.005. Be sure to get a full match, just size/shape often isn't enough.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.