Loss of Sound Volume Predator G9-593

Serhat21
Serhat21 Member Posts: 7 New User
edited January 2021 in Legacy Laptops and Netbooks
I have a problem that I couldn't deal with for long time and made it even worst so,
1- the main problem I was facing was that whenever my PC sensed a voice chat, it turned the volume down. I did all the necessary changes on Win10 settings to prevent it from happening but I didn't work out until I found out about "Dolby Audio Panel". The panel looked like this when my PC detected a voice chat "https://ibb.co/YQg39mL". 
2- I proceed forward and clicked on AÇ which is basically Turn On and there were sound modes like this to choose "https://ibb.co/5LLgZCC"
3- I basically chose OYUN which is Gaming 
4- What did this mode do was that It increased the volume and saved me from loss of sound volume however, It changed some sound settings which led to another issue ( I wasn't any longer hearing some minor sounds such as footsteps but there were sounds that were pretty louder than they should be such as sound of the wind.)
5- To prevent this odd sound settings and to keep my high level of sound volume, I come up with this solution "https://ibb.co/c8LchH6"   > This actually solved what I experienced but silly me, decided to dig forward into settings and completely ruin it.
6- To return my 5th step and have these settings on "https://ibb.co/c8LchH6", I decided to re-boot my PC to day-1. 
7- I now do not experience the issue on step 1 however my PC isn't as loud as it used to be. For example, I was not able to listen to music on Youtube with the highest volume settings because It was so loud or If I put my headphones off and listen something with speakers, it was hearable from anywhere in my house. Basically, the sounds are not as loud as they were.
8- To fix it (the new issue), I come up with an old solution "https://ibb.co/c8LchH6" but this time Dolby Audio has literally no effect on the sound. No matter what mode I choose, there is literally no changes at all.

My PC Model: Acer Predator G9-593
I use Win10 on the latest update and When I checked the device manager my sound card was up to date ( I think my sound card driver is automatically installed since I have this "https://ibb.co/pj0YdfL")

I do appreciate any help. Thanks!

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    Press Win+R. Enter 'msinfo32'. What BIOS version number is installed? A screenshot would be helpful if possible. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Serhat21
    JackE said:
    Press Win+R. Enter 'msinfo32'. What BIOS version number is installed? A screenshot would be helpful if possible. Jack E/NJ
    This is my ms32info. To fix the issue I began using a driver called "Audio_Realtek_6.0.1.8108_W10x64". I think this driver belongs to some other PC.
  • JackE
    >>>To fix the issue I began using a driver called "...6.0.1.8108....">>>

Is it OK now or not OK with this drriver?  Because the latest listed for your particular machine is 6.0.1.7917. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Serhat21
    JackE said:
    >>>To fix the issue I began using a driver called "...6.0.1.8108....">>>

Is it OK now or not OK with this drriver?  Because the latest listed for your particular machine is 6.0.1.7917. Jack E/NJ
    It isn't fixed. Now I experience something different. Whatever I hear on my window goes through discord and my mates hear it.
    I used to download the latest from acer's driver page. I thought It is the latest, isnt it ?
  • Serhat21

Also When I click on the sound icon on bottom right corner, my headset isn't shown.
    I feel like the driver lacks of detecting the sound devices. The headset I use is "steelseries arctis 1"
  • Serhat21
    JackE said:
    After re-booting my PC, I went over all these on acer's driver page and exactly downloaded this version which didn't work for me. Even I changed the modes on Dolby panel,  nothing literally happened. that led me to download some other pc's driver which i posted above.
  • JackE
    Open Device Manager. Click 'sound, video etc' folder. Uninstall ALL audio drivers that you find in the folder. Exit DeviceManager without trying to re-install anything. Then open ControlPanel. Search 'button'. Click 'change what the power buttons do' in left pane. Click 'change settings that are currently unavailble' Scroll down and uncheck the box for fast startup. Then shut down Windows normally. Then turn it back on again. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Serhat21
    JackE said:
    Open Device Manager. Click 'sound, video etc' folder. Uninstall ALL audio drivers that you find in the folder. Exit DeviceManager without trying to re-install anything. Then open ControlPanel. Search 'button'. Click 'change what the power buttons do' in left pane. Click 'change settings that are currently unavailble' Scroll down and uncheck the box for fast startup. Then shut down Windows normally. Then turn it back on again. Jack E/NJ
    What should I do afterwards ? Re-install the driver that You posted ?
  • Serhat21
    edited March 2021
    JackE said:
    is there any chance that we can live chat or speak in voice chat on discord or something so I get this done quicker ?
  • JackE
    Don't try to manually re-install anything after uninstalling all the audio drivers in DeviceManager. Then open ControlPanel. Search 'button'. Click 'change what the power buttons do' in left pane. Click 'change settings that are currently unavailble' Scroll down and uncheck the box for fast startup. Then shut down Windows normally. Then turn it back on again. Windows will automatically redetect the audio hardware and reinstall the correct drivers. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ