S6S

chr5st6hr
chr5st6hr Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

He336  5ve 14st b64ght an Acer as*5re 5 b4t the 2eys d6nt w6r2 *r6*er3y , any he3* 04ch a**rec5ated +

Comments

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,077 Trailblazer
    Hi,
    Go to Device Manager, expand Keyboards, right click Standard PS/2 keyboard and select Properties, move to Driver tab and uninstall the driver, reboot and let Windows install the driver.
  • chr5st6hr

Tinkerer

edited March 2021
    5 have zer6 c60*4ter s2533s , what 5s dev5ce 0anager, And why a0 5 reeb66t5ng a brand new c60*4ter 5 14st *a5d £5// f6r yesterday - 5 w5sh c4rrys was 6*en 5d ta2e 5t bac2   Than2 y64 s6 04ch f6r try5ng t6 he3* th6 - 5 rea33y a**rec5ate 5t - s6 d5sa*65nt5ng.
  • brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,077 Trailblazer
    Sorry I can not understand anything from what you have typed, I would suggest you contact Acer support centre in your region and send it for a service repair.
    Acer Worldwide - Select your local country or region
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    edited March 2021
    His keyboard seems to be out of shape or numlock enabled. @chr5st6hrTry typing with an external keyboard or using the virtual keyboard.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • chr5st6hr

Tinkerer

The numbers lock was on LMAO - Shows how good we all are  :o:3=)
  • So the problem was solved? What is the exact model of the laptop? Example an515-51-75kz.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • chr5st6hr

Tinkerer

edited March 2021
    Right now I,m up n running, Thank you to all who helped - or tried to Lol - NEXT PROBLEM =  All the icons Ive saved to my desktop are little swirly versions of the Goggle logo - and not the correct icons like it was on my old Mac , I.E. - The facebook logo should be a Blue fb in a square tile...- But instead its just a round GOOGLE sign with facebook written underneath it - Same for ebay , and iplayer - etc ????  Any ideas what Im doing wrong. ???    However the YOUTUBE logo is perfect ????
  • Can you send a photo of these icons?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• chr5st6hr

Tinkerer

edited March 2021
    if I knew how send a photo , I wouldnt need teaching how to save facebook to my desktop.  
  • You can click here:

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Leostat
    Leostat ACE Posts: 3,043 Pathfinder
    edited March 2021
    How are you making the shortcuts? I'm guessing you mean pinning links to websites in your desktop :) 

The three dot menu on the top right hand side - more tools - create shortcut should use the icon of the site when making the desktop shortcut :)
  • Assuming your laptop is using windows, what happens when you change the icons?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• chr5st6hr

Tinkerer

Thank you all so much for all your help.  :)
  • Leostat
    Got it to play how you want :)?
  • chr5st6hr

Tinkerer

its all starting to make a bit more sense now, Am starting to like it. But the big question is looming ......do I dare try to install Kaspersky , or do I put my trust in the inbuilt Defender,  and if I did install an anti virus would they be in conflict with each other . ??? 
  • Leostat
    Personally most "free" Av soultions dont offer much above windows defender in windows 10 nowadays. Microsoft offer a corprate AV solution which is trusted by loads called winodws ATP,  but they give you the same protection without the stats in defender. Its much lighter touch (so causes less hang ups) and uses far less battery! 

Some of the paid ones can offer you more features, but at the same time most of them dont really help against the most common threats. 

If you did choose to install one (and thats fine!) Then they wouldnt conflict, windows defender detects when an antivrus has been installed and turns itself off :)