My touchpad of "Nitro 5 AN515-55" suddenly stopped working, how to fix it?- Nitro 5 AN515-55

MrShane
MrShane Member Posts: 4 New User
edited February 2021 in Nitro Gaming
I recently bought "Nitro 5 AN515-55" and everything seems to work fine but every once in a while the touchpad completely freezes and stops working, this happens at least twice a day, I have tried contacting the local store where I bought this laptop but they just sent me the link of touchpad driver which was already installed. Please, Help me fix this problem.

Answers

• Jack22
    Jack22 ACE Posts: 3,652 Pathfinder
    @MrShane
    Try pressing the F7 button one time on the keyboard and see. Because the F7 is the button to turn on and off the touchpad on the laptop
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • ShaunTheDiver
    ShaunTheDiver Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

Jack22 said:
    @MrShane
    Try pressing the F7 button one time on the keyboard and see. Because the F7 is the button to turn on and off the touchpad on the laptop

It's Fn+F7
  • Jack22
    Jack22 ACE Posts: 3,652 Pathfinder
    @MrShane@ShaunTheDiver
    Its FN+F7 on a Nitro laptop

Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • Does your model come with a synaptics or elantech touchpad? Have you tried to reset the touchpad settings?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • MrShane
    MrShane Member Posts: 4 New User
    ShaunTheDiverJack22 already tried that but doesn't seem to work. I even tried restarting but it didn't even display the pointer but after few more restarts it showed up again and worked fine for few hours then again the same problem

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,077 Trailblazer
    MrShane said:
    ShaunTheDiverJack22 already tried that but doesn't seem to work. I even tried restarting but it didn't even display the pointer but after few more restarts it showed up again and worked fine for few hours then again the same problem

Hi,
    Go to BIOS screen and move to Main tab, check whether the Touchpad is in I2C mode, if not, switch to I2C mode and press F10 to Save & Exit.

• MrShane said:

Hi,
    Go to BIOS screen and move to Main tab, check whether the Touchpad is in I2C mode, if not, switch to I2C mode and press F10 to Save & Exit.

By default, this item is hidden. Visible only
    after the user presses Ctrl+S in this menu.
    • The default value is [I2C] mode.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,077 Trailblazer
    edited March 2021
    MrShane said:

Hi,

By default, this item is hidden. Visible only
    after the user presses Ctrl+S in this menu.
    • The default value is [I2C] mode.
    Thanks @egyd@egydiocoelho :)