Touchscreen not working, driver missing aspire switch 10 (SW5-012-11HG).

Schultz
Schultz Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

edited March 2021 in Switch Series
I have an Acer aspire switch 10 with windows 10. I tried making a factory reset but stuff happened and now my touch screen isn't working. The touchscreen driver is not in device manager and it doesn't show up when I troubleshoot the hard drive nor when I look for available drivers with windows. How do I get the touchscreen to work again?

Answers

• Jack22
    Jack22 ACE Posts: 3,652 Pathfinder
    @Schultz
    In device manager at the top click view>show hidden item and check. If you still dont see it try the below step
    power drain: Just check the back of the unit, you can find a pin hole , unplug the charger and turn off the unit. now put a paper clip in the small pin hole and press and hold it for 30 sec.
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • Schultz

Tinkerer

Nope, didn't help

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,436 Trailblazer
    Download and install the chipset drivers from the Acer support site. They should enable the hidden internal USB port that the touchscreen uses. Do you know which model of Switch 10 you have?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • George-Acer_Retired
    George-Acer_Retired Member Posts: 64 Devotee WiFi Icon
    edited March 2021
    Hi Schultz,

1. As billsey said try to download and install the driver.
    2. Press and hold Fn and tap on F7 check the Touch pad, or else tap on F7(alone).

Check this T/S and post the result. 

Regards,
    Acer-George
  • Schultz

Tinkerer

I have tried downloading drives directly from Acer before, didn't work. Fn+F7 enables/disables the touch pad. Doesn't affect the touch screen. I have an Acer Aspire switch 10 (SW5-012-11HG).
  • bojak
    bojak Member Posts: 2 New User
    Schultz said:
    I have tried downloading drives directly from Acer before, didn't work. Fn+F7 enables/disables the touch pad. Doesn't affect the touch screen. I have an Acer Aspire switch 10 (SW5-012-11HG).
    i have the similar problem as you also my acer model is similar(sw5-012) . can you fix it?
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,436 Trailblazer
    As suggested above, reinstall the Intel Platform Drivers from the support site for your OS, either Windows 8.1 32bit or Windows 10 32bit.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.