Acer Aspire 3 a315-54K SSD and RAM Upgrade?

jmpg85
jmpg85 Member Posts: 3 New User
Hi! I wanted to know how to upgrade SSD and RAM in my laptop, I didn't find any tutorial online and I would like to buy the correct hardware and confirm that I can do these upgrades.
Thank you!

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,328 Trailblazer
    You can add up to a 16GB DDR4 module for a total of 20GB RAM and replace with a variety of faster and larger m.2 SSDs

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• jmpg85
    Thank you very much! Would you be able to provide and image the ssd slot? Are there other options apart of those shown in the crucial webpage? I'm from Argentina. Thanks again 
  • jmpg85
    Thank you very much again for your comments!
  • JackE
    Good luck with your upgrade decisions! Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Gheanz
    Gheanz Member Posts: 29 Troubleshooter
    THE ACER ASPIRE 3 A315-54K. THAT IS POSSIBLE TO PLACE A EXTERNAL GRAPHICS CARD?
  • JackE

Yes, but most external gpu adapters use the wifi-bluetooth card socket. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Gheanz
    JackE said:

Yes, but most external gpu adapters use the wifi-bluetooth card socket. Jack E/NJ
    ANY IDEA HOW TO PLACE EXTERNAL GPU? VIDEO? PIC?
  • JackE
    Google 'egpu' 'youtube' to your heart's content.  =)   jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Gheanz
    does acer a315-54k have an egpu container?
  • JackE
    What do you mean by  "container"? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Gheanz
    slot i mean
  • JackE
    As mentioned earlier, the slot or socket is actually the wifi card 's m.2 socket. So the wifi  card must be removed to accomodate the eGPU m.2 card. eGPUs are not ideal ways to get better graphics performance from a laptop that is not considered a gaming or image-rendering machine. You would probably end up spending more money and having less portability/performance than if you had purchased a gaming laptop like a predator or nitro series to begin with. Jack E/NJ   

Jack E/NJ

• Gheanz
    PLEASE HELP ME! I APDATE MY LAPTOP AND I CHOOSE APDATE AND SHUTDOWN AND AFTER 2 HOURS I TURN THE POWER BUTTON AND I SEE THIS AND SO LONG 
  • Gheanz
    Pleaseee helppp😩
  • @Gheanz I suggest you ask a new question.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • JackE

Just press and hold power button till machine shuts off. About 5-10 seconds. Then try to turn it on again. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Gheanz
    Maybe because the adapter is a bit old
  • JackE
    New replacement adapter are only about $20USD so it may be worth trying. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ