Helios 300 17 inch 2020 version laptop not turning on

PatD
PatD Member Posts: 2 New User
edited February 2021 in Predator Laptops
I got this laptop LITERALLY YESTERDAY. Under 24 hours of use and it does not load up. It worked PERFECTLY yesterday downloading games and playing them, but when I went to turn it on today, the keyboard flickers to life briefly, the fans/presumably SSD engages, and then it shuts off completely just to restart 2-3 seconds later. Throughout this process the screen remains black. 

Has anyone else experienced this? 

Answers

• AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 3,717 Pathfinder
    You can try to contact Acer for warranty.
    Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!
  • christy1
    christy1 Member Posts: 1,619 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    PatD said:
    I got this laptop LITERALLY YESTERDAY. Under 24 hours of use and it does not load up. It worked PERFECTLY yesterday downloading games and playing them, but when I went to turn it on today, the keyboard flickers to life briefly, the fans/presumably SSD engages, and then it shuts off completely just to restart 2-3 seconds later. Throughout this process the screen remains black. 

Has anyone else experienced this? 
    >> Try to perform a simple power reset and check the issue.  Shutdown the laptop. Disconnect the charger. Disconnect the external display. Please check for a battery reset PIN hole at the bottom of the device.The reset hole would have a battery symbol next to it. Insert a paperclip into the hole and press for 30 seconds. Let the computer sit for 5 minutes with no power. Reconnect the charger and power On the laptop. If there is no pin hole then press and hold the power button on the unit for 12secs. 
    Accept if its Helpful.   B)
  • Jack22
    Jack22 ACE Posts: 3,652 Pathfinder
    @PatD
    i dont think the 2020 Helios will have the reset pin hole. so check whether when you connect the charger the charging light is coming on.
    If yes, than remove the charger and press and hold the power button for 30 seconds and than try to turn it on.
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • christy1
    and so i have mentioned at the end jack :)

If there is no pin hole then press and hold the power button on the unit for 12secs. 
  • PatD
    PatD Member Posts: 2 New User
    Thank you to everyone for their replies but I have returned the laptop instead
  • christy1
    edited February 2021
    PatD said:
    Thank you to everyone for their replies but I have returned the laptop instead
    i would do the same as its just one day old baby. wishes for the next new baby. :)
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi PatD,

Is your unit is fully charged?

Are you getting any light indication when charger is connected to the unit? 
  • gemmatay88
    gemmatay88 Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited April 2021
    Please check for a battery reset PIN hole at the bottom of the device judi virtual.

• Weider
    Weider Member Posts: 1 New User

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing this issue. It's always frustrating when a brand new product doesn't work correctly. Regarding the problem you're facing with your laptop, there could be a few possible causes.

1. Make sure the laptop is properly connected to the power source or charger. Sometimes, a loose connection can cause startup issues.
    2. If you've already tried connecting the laptop to a power source, try starting it without the battery if possible. Sometimes, a battery problem can cause startup issues.
    3. If you can access the internal components of the laptop, check the cable connections and make sure everything is securely in place. A loose cable or faulty connection can cause such behavior.
    4. If you haven't already, try starting the laptop in Safe Mode. This can help identify and resolve any software issues that may be causing this behavior.

If none of these solutions resolve the issue, it may be necessary to contact the manufacturer's technical support or take the laptop to an authorized service center for diagnosis and repair. You can also search online to see if other users have encountered the same problem and found a solution.

I hope these suggestions help you resolve the issue with your laptop.

Weider Batoane Proteice

https://batoaneproteice.ro/produs/weider-protein-bar-60-45-grame/