Acer Predator Helios 300 from 2018 keeps turning on for 3 seconds then of and again

Totohiu
Totohiu Member Posts: 4 New User
Recently my laptop has been turning on (fan starts, blue light) for 3 secs then goes off. Around 1 in 20 times it turn on fine. Tried many solutions
Removing battery and holding power for 30 sec then trying again without charger
Tried without battery
Tried holding button close to battery for 20 secs
Tried removing CMOS battery 10 secs then trying again

I've seen this issue on multiple questions but no solutions found. Is there anything possible ? 

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,888 Trailblazer
    edited February 2021
    Totohiu said:
    Recently my laptop has been turning on (fan starts, blue light) for 3 secs then goes off. Around 1 in 20 times it turn on fine. Tried many solutions
    Removing battery and holding power for 30 sec then trying again without charger
    Tried without battery
    Tried holding button close to battery for 20 secs
    Tried removing CMOS battery 10 secs then trying again

I've seen this issue on multiple questions but no solutions found. Is there anything possible ? 

Check your battery connections to the mobo and the state of the battery voltage and if its charging or the charger is not faulty? As most of these problems are related to either a battery that is on its way out or the battery connecting pins are corroded or bent and not making full contact to the mobo giving it power. If that is all ok then there could be a problem with the power board section of your mobo, which is highly unlikely as if that is the case, the laptop won’t come on. Check all these factors and make sure that there are no problems? If this problem still persists then there could be other hardware problems like faulty memory ram check that or a cpu problem etc etc as then you would have to take it to an Acer service centre and get them to look at your Helios 300 and for them to diagnose the exsact problem of your laptop.

• I suggest you try to reset the battery. if the problem still occurs, check if your model has this button:
    Resultado de imagem para boto de interrupo an515-51
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Totohiu
    I suggest you try to reset the battery. if the problem still occurs, check if your model has this button:
    Thanks for answering, I've tried resseting the battery but still the same problem. I have this button, what should I do ? I've noticed it usually turns on fast when it has not been used for some time (like a day turned off) but as soon as I try restarting more than twice it happens again 
  • Totohiu
    StevenGen said:

Check your battery connections to the mobo and the state of the battery voltage and if its charging or the charger is not faulty? As most of these problems are related to either a battery that is on its way out or the battery connecting pins are corroded or bent and not making full contact to the mobo giving it power. If that is all ok then there could be a problem with the power board section of your mobo, which is highly unlikely as if that is the case, the laptop won’t come on. Check all these factors and make sure that there are no problems? If this problem still persists then there could be other hardware problems like faulty memory ram check that or a cpu problem etc etc as then you would have to take it to an Acer service centre and get them to look at your Helios 300 and for them to diagnose the exsact problem of your laptop.

I believe it is not the battery since I tried turning it on without battery (while charging) and the problem was the same. I've noticed it usually turns on fast when it has not been used for some time (like a day turned off) but as soon as I try restarting more than twice it happens again. How do I check the ram ? I've tried removing it and putting in again but it didn't change. And finnaly how does the service center work when the warranty is off ? Can I still just pay to get it repaired (if possible) ? I've noticed they ask for a document to check the warranty on their site. And thanks very much for taking the time to answer :) 
  • It is possible that the rubber pressing this button is worn out:
    Try adding a few layers of electrical tape to better press the button:
    Notebook em boot loop aps update do Windows como resolver - Pgina 2   Acer Community
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi Totohiu,

# Try to do BIOS default, 

1. Turn OFF the unit.
    ​2. Press and hold the F2 key and turn on the unit. 
    3. You will be in setup utility page.
    4. Once you got the screen release the F2 key.
    5. Tap on F9 key and hit enter key without changing the option.
    6. Tap on F10 key and hit enter key without changing the option.
    7. Your unit will restart by itself. 

Check this T/S and post the result.