I have an ACER Aspire R 15 want to know new M.2 boot drive can be replaced - R5-571TG-70TV

Stan508
Stan508 Member Posts: 4 New User
edited February 2021 in Aspire Laptops
I have an ACER Aspire R 15 ( R5-571TG-70TV ) and need to know if the Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe M.2 SSD 500GB can be used to replace my existing M.2 boot drive.

//​​​Edited the content to add model name on title.

Best Answer

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,687 Trailblazer
    edited February 2021 Answer ✓
    Stan508 said:
    www.samsung.com
    I have an ACER Aspire R 15 ( R5-571TG-70TV ) and need to know if the Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe M.2 SSD 500GB can be used to replace my existing M.2 boot drive.

Just a suggestion to you that I hope can help? I don’t know what exact R15 R5 5XX model you have but, have a look at this Acer Community blog "Acer R15 R5-571tg-78G8 PCIE NVME SSD Upgrade Successfulas it will outline everything that you want to know, also make sure that your R15 R5-5XX has the last BIOS update to make sure that all parameters are met. And if this blog applies to your R15 R5-5XX and its the same model? As this is specific to the Acer R15 R5 571TG-78G8 update to an NVMe M.2 type drive and any other model could have problems. 

This upgrade is with a GIGABYTE NVMe SSD 256GB/ M.2 2280/ PCI-Express 3.0 x4, NVMe 1.3 and TRIM & S.M.A.R.T supported type drive, which I would suggest that you apply the TRIM cmd and also fine tune it with “Samsung Magician” and also make sure that the M.2 drive is running with the latest firmware. Samsung drives are very easy to clone with their “Samsung Data Migration” software and both 2.5” and M.2 drives are very reliable and excellent drives to use, I’ve been using them for years with no problems. Good luck and hope this helps.

GIGABYTE NVMe SSD 256GB

Answers

• christy1
    christy1 Member Posts: 1,619 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Stan508
    Hi its not a prob with the brand as long as its the M.2. check the pic below and its the info about your unit. 

Accept if its Helpful.   B)
  • StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,687 Trailblazer
    edited February 2021 Answer ✓
    Stan508 said:
    www.samsung.com

Just a suggestion to you that I hope can help? I don’t know what exact R15 R5 5XX model you have but, have a look at this Acer Community blog "Acer R15 R5-571tg-78G8 PCIE NVME SSD Upgrade Successfulas it will outline everything that you want to know, also make sure that your R15 R5-5XX has the last BIOS update to make sure that all parameters are met. And if this blog applies to your R15 R5-5XX and its the same model? As this is specific to the Acer R15 R5 571TG-78G8 update to an NVMe M.2 type drive and any other model could have problems. 

This upgrade is with a GIGABYTE NVMe SSD 256GB/ M.2 2280/ PCI-Express 3.0 x4, NVMe 1.3 and TRIM & S.M.A.R.T supported type drive, which I would suggest that you apply the TRIM cmd and also fine tune it with “Samsung Magician” and also make sure that the M.2 drive is running with the latest firmware. Samsung drives are very easy to clone with their “Samsung Data Migration” software and both 2.5” and M.2 drives are very reliable and excellent drives to use, I’ve been using them for years with no problems. Good luck and hope this helps.

GIGABYTE NVMe SSD 256GB

• Stan508
    Stan508 Member Posts: 4 New User
    Thanks to both christy1 and StevenGen for you timely responses. Both were helpful!
  • christy1
    Stan508 said:
    Thanks to both christy1 and StevenGen for you timely responses. Both were helpful!
    good to know it was helpful. good luck.
  • Stan508 said:
    Glad to help Stan508 cheers 
  • christy1
    Stan508 said:
    your welcome my friend