Acer one S1002 not booting from the boot menu even after disabling secure boot

Athetos
Athetos Member Posts: 4 New User
I'm trying to reinstall windows on a Acer one s1002 and it doesnt work. I've disabled the secure boot, but everytime i try to boot from my usb it just skips straight into windows and the usb drive never shows up again in boot menu until i reset to factory defaults. If i disable the hard disk boot option from the priority list, instead of booting into windows when i try to boot from usb, it opens the BIOS instead. I've also tried with both UEFI and legacy BIOS,two different USB drives, 3 Diferent ISOs of windows, and even an ubuntu one. Am i missing something? i feel like i've tried everything. Thanks in advance

Best Answer

Answers

• Gawain
    Gawain Member Posts: 373 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
    first things first - what did you use to create the 10 usb? media creation tool from ms's site (same place the iso is) if you haven't tried that.  also, f12 boot menu option in bios showed be enabled, and the stick already plugged in when you cold boot (as you tap away on f12)
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,672 Trailblazer
    Yes, sounds like the flash drive isn't being recognized as a UEFI boot disk. How are you creating them? Rufus in GPT mode?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • christy1
    christy1 Member Posts: 1,619 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Accept if its Helpful.   B)
  • Athetos
    I used rufus both in GPT and in MBR mode, i'll try the microsoft creation tool right now
  • Athetos
    I've tried with the windows media creation tool and nothing, it boots straight onto windows that was alredy installed instead of the installer
  • JordanB
    JordanB ACE Posts: 3,729 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    You have to use 32 bit Windows on the S1002
    I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Athetos
    JordanB said:
    You have to use 32 bit Windows on the S1002

Thank you! 32 bit in gpt mode worked
  • christy1
    christy1 Member Posts: 1,619 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon