Acer Aspire 6920G Laptop

alan2998
alan2998 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited September 2020 in Legacy Laptops and Netbooks
Hi all, new member here. a workmate gave me a fairly old laptop. a working Aspire 6920G. i dont really have a use for it. would it sell on Ebay or anything?  ive no idea what to do with it.

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,469 Trailblazer
    It's a WinVista era machine about 11-12 years old probably with only 2GB DDR2 RAM and a sluggish CPU. You might get $100 if it still boots WinVista or maybe $150 with Win7. Easily upgrades to 4GB RAM and a much faster SSD drive. It'll probably run Win10 OK and comfortably dual boot with LinuxMint Cinnamon GUI which can be set up with nearly the same look, feel and function of Windows only faster and handles all the latest Office apps with LibreOffice and the latest FireFox browsers. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• alan2998
    its set up with windows 10. i cant find a use for it, my workmate gave it to me, then literally a week later i got gifted a brand new PC, so im trying to find someone who could find a use for it.
  • JackE
    Use it as a backup for personal files in case your brand new PC chokes. Or gift it to a friend, family member or a library.  Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,672 Trailblazer
    Lately I've gifted all my laptops of that era to families that didn't have online access for their children to do online schooling. Surprisingly they pretty much all had internet (likely provided free by the landlord) but had only phones, not laptops. I think I've gotten rid of four or five Vista and early W7 laptops that way since the pandemic began.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • alan2998
    the problem i have, is no one i know want an older laptop. even my nephew only wants a top of the range one, even if its free. what do you reckon it would go for on ebay? 
  • JackE
    $150. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• JackE
    Donate it to a Quetta primary or middle school. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ