Acer nitro 5 (AN 515 54 ) extremely low fan speeds

AaravShah716
AaravShah716 Member Posts: 17 Troubleshooter
edited October 2023 in Nitro Gaming
Hi,
about a 2 days ago, i started to notice speed of my gpu fan drop. initially it dropped to 5600 at max with coolboost enabled (it used to be 6200 before). and today it is 3000 with terribly high temperature. the only app i am using is chrome. currently if i disable coolboost, the fan speed increase by about 300. which is absurd cause it is supposed to decrease with coolboost disabled
any idea?

Answers

• AaravShah716
    edit: i updated my windows version about 5-6 days ago ( i am not in beta program)
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    edited February 2021
    try turning off the computer, disconnect the power adapter, press the Power button for thirty seconds and leave the laptop off for thirty minutes.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • AaravShah716
    hi i just tried it and it didnt help tooo much. infact it became slightly more worse (rpm drop of around 100
    update: bios updated to the latest
  • Is the laptop under warranty? have you taken apart the laptop and checked the fans?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • AaravShah716
    Hi, actually my laptop has been replaced 4 times till now. A month since the latest replacement. And no.... I haven't taken it apart
  • Has your laptop been replaced or been to the Acer repair center four times?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• AaravShah716
    its been to the acer center 4 time while the hdd has been replaced 4 times. (due to faulty disks. im getting the same problems again. will have to  contact them again)
  • AaravShah716
    update: my pc is overheating reallyfast. google is driving cpu to 70C and gpu to 60C. also when i change the mode to auto.... the gpu fan slows to 200 rpm. not 2000, 200
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    edited February 2021
    Editado....

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• AaravShah716
    Do you have the possibility to exchange the laptop with acer technical support? I ask you this, because the notebook has already been sent for repair four times.
    i have requested for a replacement or a refund but they aren't responding. they sent a service technician who says its a faulty fan! also the laptop has started to lag a lot again and have again requested for a technician to check it out!. i can tell you now itself that they will say it is a faulty hdd and replace the hdd again, making it 5 hdd replacements 1 aux and 1 fan in a span of 10 months

• AaravShah716
    I suggest people to stay away from nitro products. no matter what it is. 
  • AaravShah716
    Guys great update!!! they (acer) refuse to answer to my mails regarding replacement... my fan speed has officially dropped to 0 and im being forced to cool my laptop with ice. and my disk is now dead again!
  • Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• AaravShah716
    i mean i did open the laptop to add an extra ram stick but i didnt touch anything else in there. and as i told... it was found out that the fan was defective. also my hdd is broken again.... 
  • AaravShah716
    and to answer ur question... no i didnt test the fans... they are being replaced 
  • I would try a deal with Acer, since your laptop has been in repair several times.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• AaravShah716
    well the technical team has found out that the first replacement made(of hdd), was wrong. they supplied the wrong hdd model (the original version had 7200rpm but the version they replaced with has 5600rpm) this caused the hdd probs and the fan prob is a faulty fan. 
  • AaravShah716
    i really appreciate all the help you guys have given! thanks for the help

This discussion has been closed.